I came across two great quotes while reading Strategies that Work: Teaching Comprehension to Enhance Understanding.
- If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no point reading it at all. ~Oscar Wilde (This one made me think of the Bible... such a great book that we can read it time and time again and still enjoy it and learn something new)
- Those of us who teach reading must be readers ourselves. ~ Don Graves (For those of us who are teachers or homeschoolers, I think this is essential! Children must see that we enjoy reading.)
For more information about this book, click here.
More Good Reading Quotes:
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. ~Addison
- Books are not men, and yet they stay alive. ~Benet
- I read the newspaper avidly. It is my one form of continuous fiction. ~Bevan
- And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. ~John 21:25