6.01.2008

Checking In

I finally have a few minutes to write. David and Kimberly are both napping, and I’m just about to join them but wanted to take advantage of the time to write quickly. We’ve had a wonderful weekend (even though we’re all fried). We went to Busch Gardens on Friday (YAY!) and then we were out on my aunt and uncle’s boat for 8 hours yesterday (tubing, riding on the ocean, and watching the space shuttle launch). We’re all enjoying the time to spend together laughing, talking, and having a good time. 

I really never got the chance to report on Dalton and Charlie’s deaths. The little guys were swimming around quite peacefully when I decided to refresh their water. I did it as always… took them out, cleaned the stones and plants, etc. Then, scrubbed the sides of the bowl with only warm water. After completing the above, I placed them back in their respective bowls. Within a few minutes, they were looking VERY droopy, and then Charlie died. Not long after, Dalton passed, as well. In retrospect, it had to be the water. I usually either let it sit out all night or put drops to neutralize any imperfections in the water, but I hadn’t done it for the last few times so I figured they would be fine (just like the other times). The water had extra chlorine in it, I think, though. So… it’s a sad story, isn’t it? 

On Tuesday, Kimberly and I replaced betta fish with Elliot (he’s red rather than blue). Then, that night, David got two more goldfish (it’s a good thing they’re only 28 cents). One of them is Edward and the other one is… Charlie. I think that’s a little bit disrespectful of the original, but it’s David’s decision. They’re “his” fish. Hopefully, these fish will make it a little longer than the last fish, but we’ll see. 

Also, David’s graduation from Bible school was a joyous event! I am so happy for him. He worked very hard and we spent many, many evenings apart. The time was well-worth it, but I’m so glad we’ll be able to eat dinner together at a normal hour every night. 9 p.m. is a little late, even for us. The service was very nice, and a young man in the Bible school knew how much David needed a new laptop (his is TERRIBLE!) so he sent out a “secret e-mail” to the church congregation letting them know of David’s need and that rather than putting money in a card, they could give towards the computer if they wanted to. So, many people did, and had enough to buy a really nice computer, the warrantee and all. It was such a blessing! 

So, despite our busy lives, we’ve been so happy. I probably won’t be able to update for a while, but I just wanted to “check in” again. 

3 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

Congrats to your hubs!

Jenna said...

Nice to hear from ya...hope the new goldfish have better luck than the previous ones!! :)

The Herd said...

That's funny about Charlie--revisted! I hope that your fish last a long time!
Congrats on the computer for your hubby!
Karen