7.02.2009

Proud Homemaker, Continued

I bought the book Created to Be His Help Meet (along with the companion journal) by Debi Pearl yesterday.  Before David and I were married, I read bits and pieces of this book that I feel really helped our marriage before it even got started.  Now, some young, newly married girls at church want to begin going through it on a regular basis, so I bought it myself. 

As I was delving into the first chapter, I found a thought that went along with my last post.  Debi Pearl says:

If you are a wife, you were created to fill a need, and in that capacity you are a “good thing,” a helper suited to the needs of a man.  This is how God created you and it is your purpose for existing.  You are, by nature, equipped in every way to be your man’s helper.  You are inferior to none as long as you function within your created nature, for no man can do your job, and no man is complete without his wife… A unisex society is a senseless society – as society dangerously out of order.


I like her point.  We’re not inferior to anyone if we’re doing the job God created us to do.  Just because we’re different doesn’t mean we’re inferior.  I really like that point.  I think the world is convinced that a biblical view of women is that they are inferior to the men, and that simply isn’t so.  

No comments: