Here's a recipe that goes along well with my favorite season (even though the weather doesn't!!)
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. applesauce (I used cinnamon)
- 3 c. white sugar (I cut this down to 1.5. 3/4 white and 3/4 brown)
- 3 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. ginger
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 4 T butter
2. Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, applesauce, and sugar. Whisk dry ingredients together. Stir dry ingredients into wet until just blended.
3. Mix 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 c. flour, and 2 t. cinnamon. Cut in butter.
4. Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with streusel.
5. Bake until toothpick comes out clean.
Modification: You could also make 12 muffins and one loaf or use a tube pan.
Let me just tell you, this smells amazing while baking! If the top begins to brown too much, cover with aluminum foil until it has finished baking.