5.28.2010

Unpopular Opinions

I recently read a forum post where people were asked to share their unpopular opinions. I had to stop and think: What are my unpopular opinions? By unpopular, I mean un-liked by the general public.

Here are a few of mine:

-I believe that placing your faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. If you haven't trusted Jesus Christ as your Savior, I believe you will spend eternity in hell when you die. Though this belief has never been especially popular, it's becoming less accepted as Americans get further and further away from the Bible.
-I believe in sharing my faith in Jesus Christ with anyone who will listen (and even those who won't by things like signs and bumper stickers). If you truly believe something, why wouldn't you want to share it? To me, this whole "believe anything you want" trend simply implies that people really don't have firm convictions about anything.
-I believe in sticking to your unpopular opinions, especially if they are biblically based. Don't change your opinion because of peer pressure. Don't change your principles because they don't fit into people's expectations.

If you are truly a Christian (one who is Christ-like), you can't help but have some viewpoints that go against the grain. I encourage you to stick to your convictions; stand up for what's right. Be bold and share your faith with those around you!

No comments: