11.14.2011

Love Notes

Signature
What wife doesn't love getting them? I love waking up in the morning (or walking randomly into the kitchen) to find a note scrawled on a legal pad that I left on the counter. Usually short and sweet, these notes make my day. It's ridiculous how many times I read some of them. Not only that, I have boxes full of the notes, cards, and other mementos that David has given me over the years. I think the first artifact dates back about 9 years (definitely not romantic but treasured nonetheless). The picture to the left is of the note that greeted me this morning. 

The verse is the same one that has followed David's signature in notes to me for years. 2 Samuel 22:31 says, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." Thankfully, David and I have had a relatively "problem"-free life. We've had what we would consider trials, but when we compare those to things that our friends and fellow Christians have gone through, it doesn't seem fair to call them that. Even so, this verse (and Psalm 18:30 which I put after my name in my notes to David) has been a blessing to us. We know that if God has gotten us through the little things in life he will be faithful to get us through the bigger issues that are sure to arise. 

No comments: