3.01.2008

Sweet Fellowship

Last night, a group of young people (teens to twenty-somethings) came over to our house after the street corner (we hold signs, pass out tracts, etc.) and the nursing home (we sing and a man will preach) ministry.  It was a great time of fellowship and fun.  
We played the game Apples to Apples...  I had never played it before, and 15-20 people made the game go a little bit slowly; I can see that it has the potential to be very fun, though.  For those of you who haven't played it, you have a stack of cards with something written on it (anything from the universe to snakes).  One person, "the judge," will have a card with a category.  You (and everyone else) must choose from your cards and select the card you believe fits best into the category.  Then, the judge reads all the cards aloud and selects which he thinks is best.  For each time the judge picks "your card," you get a point.  As the judge reads the cards aloud, everyone is trying to get him to pick the card he laid down.  
We also played Cranium.  I really enjoy that 
game, but I ALWAYS lose!  We should have played Taboo.  I talk so much, I'm WONDERFUL at that game.  :o)
I wish I had taken some pictures... watching Ian try to act out "sitting pretty" and watching Billy try to move James like a puppet was hysterical!  
After the games, we gathered around our piano and sang praises to our Savior!  That's always a wonderful time!  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like y'all had fun! I love Taboo! My brother and I have played it so many times that we win pretty much every time we are partners. I've never heard of Apples to Apples. I might have to look that one up.

Hannah said...

I love apples to apples its a great game!! We played it at our ladies meeting.
Ive never played Cranium but its sounds like alot of fun.