3.01.2008

Purity

Purity:
1. Freedom from foreign admixture or heterogeneous matter: as the purity of water or spirit.
2. Cleanness; freedom from foulness of dirt; as the purity of a garment.
3. Freedom from guilt o the defilement of sin; innocence; as purity of heart or life.
4. Chastity; freedom from contamination by illicit sexual connection.
5. Freedom from any sinister views; as the purity of motives or designs.
6. Freedom from foreign idioms, from barbarous or improrper words or phrases; as purity of style or language.

While I was studying for a class that I'm going to be teaching on biblical purity, I checked out Webster's 1828 definition of the word.  I found what is written above.  Are you noticing a word that shows up in each of the six definitions?  FREEDOM!  I was amazed.  I never had looked at purity that way.  It's not having to do this and having to do that, it's FREEDOM FROM SIN!  I love the word freedom. 

Please look up the following verses if you have the chance: 
  • II Timothy 2:22
  • Philippians 4:8
  • Proverbs 21:8
  • I Timothy 1:5

1 comment:

Maestroh said...

Lauren,

For starters, I appreciate you comment on my blog. In regards to your comment: You are correct that not everyone who believes the KJV is 'the Word of God' (whatever that is supposed to mean) are Ruckmanites. You are also correct that not every one of them is as unrestrained in language as many of them.

That said - the entire movement is marked with that attitude. If you don't believe me, just go to You Tube where there is presently a fella named U67 insulting me but providing ZERO substance to his claims. It is on the James White-Gail Riplinger debate series.

Again, thank you for reading and God bless.

Maestroh Bill Brown