4.21.2008

Photo Ramblings, 86 the Photos

Once again, I've been trying to upload pictures to no avail. It's not as if the pictures I want to share are spectacular, but it's fun to tell stories using pictures.

Anyway, David and I had a great weekend. We were able to sleep in on Saturday, then we played some tennis, and I went to the beach with some girlfriends. I haven't been to the beach in ages. Generally, David and I don't go unless it's evening -- there are far too many naked women. There is one beach that is not like the others, so we occasionally venture there.

We had a great day in the church house, even though I missed both services. During the morning service, I was in the nursery. During the evening service, David and I were teaching a missions class. I taught the 5-10 year olds, while David spoke to the older bunch. Our missionaries this month were the Dean Runyon family. They have been ministering to the people of Guyana for quite some time, and one of their neatest ministries is the scripture song ministry. The people in their church are, for the most part, illiterate. They had to find a way for these people to memorize scripture, so they have hundreds of Bible verses to catchy melodies. With the young kids, I talked about the importance of the word of God in our lives. We talked about how singing songs is one way to memorize scripture. David used the music as a venue to talk about what types of music we should be listening to. Colossians 3:16 is a great verse on that topic. I don't think the young people realize how much what they listen to affects their lives.

Dean and Patty Runyon are in the States on furlough right now, so a recent graduate from the DeLand School of the Bible is taking care of their church and ministries. I just received an update via e-mail, and Bro. Buck's doing great. I think he's got the "missionary bug" very badly and will have a tough time coming back home. He loves those people!

Check out the Runyon's website! You can even listen to a few of their scripture songs.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds neat. We have a missions class but you're in there 3 months so one night would be alot better.

Tori said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend! :-)