6.30.2008

Whenever I hear someone talk about “gratitude journals” or “thankfulness books,” I always think, “What a great idea.” Taking into consideration my love of lists, you’d think I’d make a list of what I’m thankful for each and every day. I believe I’ve even purposed to do it. Ha… so didn’t happen. I just read a list of someone’s “gratitudes,” and it made me think about mine. So… here are several things that I’m thankful for. 

  1. I’m thankful that the Honduras team made it safely back. I’m also thankful that they seemed to come back with a greater appreciation for the wealth we enjoy in America and a greater burden to see souls saved. It was so awesome to see them all raise their hands when asked, “Who watch someone trust Jesus Christ as his Savior?” and then see the hands go up when asked, “Was this a first for anyone?” 
  2. I’m thankful for the time David and I were able to spend with my cousin’s three kids on Saturday night. Since we don’t have any of our own, we enjoy laughing and playing with other people’s kids… especially ones as cute as those three! 
  3. I’m thankful that I have a teaching job for the fall. With the situation as it is, many teachers are scrambling for jobs. I’m thankful I’m not one of those people. 
  4. I’m thankful for my husband, my parents, my brother, and my extended family. With very few exceptions, we’re all saved and doing our best to live a clean life that would be pleasing to our Savior. 
  5. I’m thankful that we have the Bible readily available for us in English! When you think about how many languages there are in the world and how many of them don’t have a Bible, it’s really amazing! 

Psalm 106:1 says, “O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last one is something I'm constantly thankful for! Over half the world has no Bible available in their language - and half the world has never heard the Name of Jesus! It not only causes me to be thankful, but also, it spurns me on to continue to do what I can to spread the Gospel wherever I can!