8.20.2008

First day of class...

Well, tomorrow is my first day of class with my new third graders!  I'm very excited, a lot nervous, and ready to have a day under my belt.  This is just a quick post to ask you to pray that the day goes smoothly!  I want the kids to have a great time and learn something.  They were VERY excited today when they learned they were going to name our class pet tomorrow (Meet Your Teacher Day was today).  I'm scared about what his name is going to be... probably something like Bubbles or Nemo....  YUCK!  I'm going to try to direct them away from those choices, but I really do want them to enjoy picking out the name. 

6 comments:

Tori said...

I'm praying for you! I can only imagine how nervous you must be. I pray the day will go smoothly and that the name of the class pet will be one all will love! :-D

What is the class pet, by the way?

The Herd said...

Have a wonderful day today!!

Tori Leslie said...

Hey I'm so excited for you. I hope you have a smashing day, not literally of course.

I'm sure they'll come up with a great name like Sir Lancelot of something like that.

Sending you a virtual big, shinny, red apple.

Jenna said...

Hey, I think Nemo is cute! :) I hope you have a great first day! I would be so nervous too!!

Arlene said...

How exciting -- the first day of school! I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun :o)

Oh, and that's wonderful news about your grandfather doing better and coming home; prayer really does work! :~D

Mommy said...

I am guessing the class pet is a fish? LOL!