8.21.2008

First day of class...

Went really well!  I, along with the kids, was very disappointed to hear that tomorrow's school day is canceled due to Tropical Storm Fay.  My students were very well-behaved, happy to get to know me, etc.  I have heard horror stories of new teacher's first days, and I was so thankful that nothing terrible happened!  I'm so looking forward to the rest of the year!  
For those of you who've been anxiously waiting... the fish's name is Swimmy...  oh well...  they LOVED picking out the name and are going to have fun calling him Swimmy.  I'm going to have to let it grow on me.  

7 comments:

Tori said...

Wonderful to hear that everything went well! I was praying for you! That's too bad about tomorrow - only your second day!

Swimmy is a cute name!

Jenna said...

Swimmy! That's hilarious! :) I'm glad it went to well with you! The kids are going to LOVE having you as a teacher!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad it went well! And I think you will be able to get use to the name! :)

Tori Leslie said...

I'm so glad you had a good first day and Swimmy is a very cute name.

Anonymous said...

Glad the first day was so wonderful!

Vanessa said...

Third Grade is one of my favourite primary grades (if it's possible to have a favourite!).

I also taught primary/junior education -however, most of my time in the classroom ended up being with high school aged international students teaching English as a Second Language. I didn't know I had such a love for this until an opportunity presented itself!

There is something so special about the first day of school. I never knew, as a child, that my teachers shared the same butterflies that I did.

Glad your first day was a success!

Blessings,

Vanessa

Kirstin said...

Hi, I found your blog while searching for a question regarging iphoto. You had the exact same question. But I never saw a solution. Did you figure out how to upload photos from iphoto and if so what's the trick? I'm getting just a wee bit annoyed.

I love the look of your blog and will take some time to browse it.

Be blessed