10.16.2009

Eating for 2?

Even though I'm more accurately eating for one and a thirtieth or something like that, I know my appetite is increasing.  During the first trimester, I didn't really notice a difference.  Honestly, until the past week or so, I hadn't really detected a change.  Last night at dinner, though, I was a pig... not even kidding.  

We rarely have time to grab dinner before church, so last night we came home to have sandwiches after the service.  I decided to have turkey (Boar's Head just in case any of you are shaking your head and saying, "Pregnant women are not supposed to eat deli meat!"  Just for the record, the woman I've been seeing says Boar's Head is perfectly fine for expectant mothers!) on a toasted bagel with baby spinach and onions.  Well, one mini bagel turned into two (I consoled myself with the fact that there are fewer calories in two mini bagels then there are in one regular sized bagel).  I also had some raspberries and a few baked lays (really, I promise I didn't go over the serving size!). Usually, I would have been stuffed at this point, but not yesterday... I went on to eat an apple and several dill pickles (how stereotypical, right?).  As we were cleaning up, I kept telling David, I can't believe I still want to eat (He replied, "I can't either!  You ate so much."  Thanks, babe.  I love you, too.)!!  So, I took a few bread and butter pickles out of the fridge and ate those (maybe I was craving salt??).  Then, I called it quits regardless of whether I wanted to or not.  It was crazy!  At this rate, I'm going to be huge by the end of this journey.  

I did walk on the treadmill for forty minutes yesterday.  That must have upped my appetite some, right?  I was doing so well with exercise before I got my Big Fat Positive (BFP)!  When I found out I was pregnant, I wanted to wait to check with the doctor before I kept up with my routine.  Then, during the first trimester I was so nauseous and worn out I didn't feel like exercising whatsoever.  Now that I've been cleared and I'm feeling better, I've gotta get back into a routine.  I found a prenatal walking schedule online that gives guidelines for each trimester, so I'm going to do my best to stick with that.  

And now, without further ado, I must go fold the mounds and mounds of laundry sitting in our living room!

Photo from Designed to a T

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I worked out the same as I ever did my whole pregnancy. Around 37 weeks I couldn't do more than 30 minutes (normally I would do 45) and then I just started walking. The first trimester is really hard though!!