12.07.2009

23 Week Stats

How far along? 23 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain: 5 lbs. But in all honesty, I haven't been accurately weighed since my last appointment. Even if I did step on our scale regularly, who's to know how accurate it is. I'll update weight gain again after my appoinment on the 16th (which by the way is our 3rd anniversary!).
Maternity clothes? yep. You should have seen me ridiculously squeezed into a non-maternity outfit the other day... not.cute. Not planning on trying to pull that off again until April (unless I'm just hanging around the house... in such cases, I try to save what actually looks good for going out).
Sleep: besides the strange dreams, not bad! I had a dream that I was subbing for the school where I taught third grade and the new teacher quit that day... I was begging for my job back, but "just until the baby comes."
Best moment this week: Watching my stomach move. Riley apparently thinks she's going to be playing football later in life and has decided to start practicing early... I'm getting kicked as a type. I LOVE IT! It's so reassuring.
Movement: see above
Gender: GIRL (does this really need to be included each time I update?? Probably not, but just in case someone new stops by, I'll keep it.)
Belly Button in or out? Still in. Though it definitely looks different than before.
What I miss: Am I allowed to be totally honest and say my flat stomach?? I don't mind having a baby belly, but it is taking some getting used to.
What I am looking forward to: We're working on making some changes to our house (replacing some flooring, making our porch part of the house.); it will be very nice to have those things finished! I'm also looking forward to working on Riley's room some more.
Weekly Wisdom: Researching items for baby is more work than I could have ever imagined! There are mixed reviews on virtually everything! I'm just thankful for friends who have "been there, done that" when it comes to all the baby stuff... I find them very helpful!
Milestones: I started a baby registry at Babies R Us. I haven't finished it yet, but at least it's a start!

Monday's are my "work around the house" days, so I haven't had a shower yet... Perhaps after I shower and change I'll post a new belly pic. It's weird... I felt like I looked smaller this morning. Perhaps a picture to compare will prove me wrong.

One final note: Went to the cardiologist on Friday to see if pregnancy is putting any strains on my heart. Thankfully, everything checked out great. Unless there are other complications (not heart related), I'm fine for a vaginal delivery! I was really praying that due to my atrial fib I wasn't automatically going to have to have a c-section. The cardiologist did say that it's likely I'll go into a-fib during delivery. The thought of that really scares me. If you would, please join David and me in praying that doesn't happen.

1 comment:

Jenna (Cammi J Photography) said...

Love your updates! :) Sounds like everything is going great! And will pray for you heart during labor and delivery for sure!