3.30.2010

Thoughts on Being a Mother




I just want to say that there's nothing like it. From the time I was a little girl on up into my twenties, I've always dreamed about what it would be like to have a baby of my own. To be a mom. Then, David and I got married, and he was added to the mental image. Before I married him I knew he would be an amazing daddy.

Now, just one week into this amazing journey, I can honestly say that being a mom to Riley Grace is better than I could have ever hoped it to be. David is an even better daddy than I could have hoped and prayed he would be (though he is a little difficult to rouse in the middle of the night). I know we're totally biased, but we think we have the cutest, sweetest baby that there ever was. She's sleeping well (though she is a newborn... like Bro. James says, "I'd rather sleep like a teenager than a baby."), having alert times after almost every feeding, and totally melting our hearts into puddles.

We're tired, but happy. I'm sure I could come up with more to write, but right now, I want to go enjoy my baby girl!

No comments: